Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement


An injury time goal by Ronald Singh helped NEROCA FC defeat Gangtok Himalayan SC in their away fixture of Eastern Conference in 2nd Division League. The match played at Palijor Stadium, Gangtok, was largely dominated by Neroca FC who made numerous attempt at goal but most of their attempts failed to disturb the opposition's net.

Both teams went into the match high on confidence as both the teams were unbeaten and had won their previous fixtures. GHSC who were playing their first home game of 2nd Division League started on a positive note with earning a free kick in the 3rd minute.

Neroca FC had their first shot at goal in the 10th minute when a cross by No. 24 Chingkhei Meetei found O.I. Joseph inside the opposition's box who went for a shot only to miss the goal by a whisker. Another close chance was missed by Joseph in the 15th minute when his header off Imran Khan's cross missed the post by inches.

Imran Khan created another chance in the 21st minute when he scooped a wonderful through ball for Joseph, who failed to collect the ball inside the box and wasting another goal scoring oppurtunity for Neroca FC.

GHSC had their first real chance at goal in the 31st minute when Nima Tamang's pass found Tenzing inside the box who took a shot at goal only to be blocked by the opposition's defender. A brilliant move by Manipuri Player, Kishan Singh saw him driving past four GHSC defenders in the 34th minute before firing a powerful shot but was blocked by keeper Avilash Paul.

Many more chances were created by the Manipuri side but none were good enough to break the dead lock and the match went into half time with no goals at scoreboard.

Soon after the match began in the 2nd Half, GHSC's head coach, Shanta Kumar made the first substitution of the match with Ong Tshering Lepcha being replaced by Sanjay Chhetri. Neroca FC were also quick to go for substitution with Ronald Singh coming in for Johnson Singh in the 50th minute.

Sanjay Chhetri was qucik to make an impression on the field and createda few chances with his team mate Tenzing which saw them getting close to opposition's goal.

Both teams kept on pressing on each others goal with some great moves on display but most of the time the ball either hit the wood work or missed it by a whisker adding to the frustration of both the players and the spectators who were at the stadium to support their team.

It was only in the added time when a quick cross from the right flank by Emeka Christian found Ronald Singh open inside the box who made no mistake to slide the ball into the bottom left corner and ending the deadlock.

GHSC made a last minute substitution Sonam Ongdup was brought in place of Sanjay Chhetri. This was not enough for the home team as the referee blew up the Full Time whistle a minute later and ending the match with Neroca FC registering their second consecutive away win.

With this win Neroca FC climb to the top of Eastern Conference League table with Mohammedan Sporting at the 2nd position who have played one match less. Neroca FC will travel back home, where they host Mohammedan SC on 12th December. On the other hand, Gangtok Himalayan SC will host Guwahati FC on 12th December.

Post a Comment